Hattiban is a high-level custom trip rock climbing trip that we run upon request. This is a great next step for those who take the Rock Climbing Clinic and want to test out their skills!
- Duration: 8 hours – 4 day trips included
- Departure Time: Daily at 9 a.m. from Kathmandu Guesthouse Gate roadside in Thamel (Chaksibari Marq)
- Returns daily around 5 p.m. at Kathmandu Guesthouse Gate
- Trip Includes:
- Transportation each day from Kathmandu
- Climbing equipment
- Climbing shoes
- Completion certificate
Kathmandu Rock Climbing Clinic
This is a great training course for those who want to learn to climb like a pro, or for those interested in guiding. All safety and client concerns are discussed as part of the curriculum in our Kathmandu Rock Climbing Clinic.
Students receive a certificate of completion at the end of their training. This is our most popular trip — you have fun, feel tired, and leave with a new skill. It’s not for people who just want to play on the rock for a day to see if they can do it — this is training!! Expect to work — and be amazed at your skills by day 4!
The Rock Climbing Clinic is available for four consecutive days, or as one to two days per week according to your schedule. This is a great class for Nepal residents, Nepal volunteers, expatriates, or those who have some time in Kathmandu to learn rock climbing. Our climbing instructor is Nepal’s only Professional Climbing Guide Institute certified guide.
Climbing Techniques You Learn
- Chimney climbing
- Lead climbing
- What To Wear & Bring
- Wear flexible but fitting clothes (loose t-shirts, jackets can get caught in ropes and carabiners)
- Long hair should be pulled back in ponytail close to your head
- Do not wear rings or bracelets
- Wear sports shoes/hiking shoes for the walk to crag (we provide climbing shoes sizes 35-45)
- Bring water
- Bring money for snacks