Use this list to plan your Nepal trekking, rafting or other trips. Packing light, but smart is essential for trips to Nepal. Whether you are on a Himalayan trek, river rafting or kayaking expedition or jungle safari, this trip will help you get ready enjoy your holiday in Nepal.
Nepal Trek Check List
- Sense of adventure and flexible attitude… This is Nepal! People love it because it is exotic and unpredictable! Traffic delays and other closures are common.
- Travel documents (passport; itineraries, travel agent address, etc.)
- Money: Convertible currency in cash (USD or Euro is best for buying your visa at Nepal customs)
- Extra passport photos – you need them for entrance visa and trekking permits
- Credit/Debit cards, for use in Kathmandu or Pokhara (surcharges apply)
- Get 100 rupee notes for trek in Nepal while in Kathmandu – this is very important
- Day pack to carry your personal needs during the day.
- First aid kit (including any personal items; mole-skin or blister prevention/remedy)
- Medication/prescriptions – ask your doctor about your specific needs
- Prescription glasses and contact lens solution if required
- Small Alarm clock
- Insect repellent
- Refillable water bottle and water purification tablets
- Sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
- Layerable, flexible clothes that are easy to wash and dry. Don’t overpack.
- Swimming clothes – if you are going rafting in Nepal (we recommend board shorts and dry wick shirt (sports) for all male and female clients).
- Lightweight travel towel
- Ear plugs (if you are staying in Kathmandu, dogs will bark all night)/eye mask
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Camera, film and/or memory cards with spare batteries
- Waterproof jacket
- Extra warm clothing during winter (December to February) – Down jackets/pant can be purchased in Thamel for discount prices.
- Personal hygiene products (female hygeine products like tampons can be bought in Thamel.)
- 4 season sleeping bag (Thamel price buy: 2000; rent: 20/day)
- Slide on shoes or sport shoes for wearing in teahouse or camp. (Different than your trekking shoes.)
- Waterproof, thigh-length jacket of GoreTex or similar material (Thamel price buy: 1500)
Do you need more information about trekking in Nepal? Contact Karma or Sandra our Nepal Trek Experts.
We host the following Nepal treks:
Everest Base Camp Trek – Weekly Departure – $1295
Ancient Kingdom of Mustang – May – Oct Departures – $2850
Annapurna Circuit Trek – Monthly Departures – $1290
Medical Trek Nepal Volunteer Trek – Oct., Nov., Mar., Jun. – $1500