Born from the highest Himalayan mountains, the Bulbule canyoning adventure features pristine waterfalls and lush tropical vistas. Join us for this hiking and canyoning adventure located just 45 minutes from Kathmandu.
- Duration: 2 days
- Departure Time: 6:30 a.m. from Hardcore Nepal office in Thamel
- Custom departure/return from Chitwan or Pokhara available
- Trip Includes:
- Most meals
- Rafting and camping equipment
- Nepal’s best whitewater rafting guides
About Our Nepal Rafting & Canyoning Adventure
Lots of other companies have adopted the name Rock and Raft – because, let’s face it, it sounds FUN! But we were Nepal’s first “Rock and Rafters” back in 2009 when our friends at Adrenaline Rush Nepal asked us to create a rafting and canyoning trip with them. It’s been a fun ride for us all, and we want to take you with us.
We finish in the early afternoon and after a break for lunch, our guides get you on the bus to your destination of choice: On to Pokhara or Chitwan, or back to Kathmandu. If you are on your way to/from Chitwan or Pokhara, make it an adventure with our extreme team on this overnight trip!
The Wonderwall at Jalbire Canyon, Chitwan, Nepal
Seeing the WONDERWALL and getting your photo taken in front of it would be reason enough to come to Jalbire Canyon, but rappelling into the fall to the bottom is and natural waterpark made for EXTREME FUN! Jump for the jump rock, and slide into natural splash pools with the natural rock slides!
Leave Kathmandu Tourist Bus park at 7 a.m. and travel three to four hours to our rafting put in point on the Trisuli River, the most popular Nepal rafting area. Jump off the bus, and get ready to hit some whitewater. The Trisuli features Class II-IV rapids and is a fun Nepal rafting day trip for everyone. When you are not hitting adrenaline-pumping rapids, you’re floating on the tranquil flat waters of this lush river valley. Get riverside views of wildlife, nature, and Nepali villages – great for photos if you brought your waterproof camera! We take a break for a beachside picnic lunch, and then get more whitewater action before we land at our beach camp for relaxing fireside party and camping.
We wake up early for a delicious outdoor breakfast by the river before we pack up and head to our next big adventure. And when we say BIG we mean it… say “Hello” to Jalbire Canyon! After a short bus trip from the camp, we hike to the top of Jalbire where you get to view the GIANT WONDERWALL – A 100 m waterfall that welcomes us to our adventure. We abseil the smaller falls, pools, and jump rocks that this waterfall fills with rushing Himalayan whitewater.
- What To Wear & Bring
- Wear flexible fitting clothing like rash guard shirt and leggings with shorts over them.
- Clothes may get damaged by rocks
- Long hair should be pulled back in ponytail close to head – this is for safety
- Do not wear necklaces, rings or bracelets or jewelry – this is for safety
- Wear closed-toe sports shoes or closed-toe water sports shoes – this is for safety
- Bring a change of dry clothes and shoes
- Wear sunblock & sunglasses
- Bring camera & money for snacks & extras if desired
- Bring water bottle
- Bring mosquito repellant
- Bring any needed Personal medication or personal care items
PLEASE NOTE: Guests must follow all safety precautions. Guides have the right to exclude anyone from the tour who does not follow safety rules. Canyoning is an adrenaline-rush, extreme sport that is really fun, but all must follow the safety rules.